A Terrible Accident. (Florence Hildebrand burned)
A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT.
A Little Child While Playing With Fire is Fatally Burned.
One of the saddest accidents that ever occurred in this city happened last Sunday evening. Little Florence, the 4-year-old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C. A. Hildebrand of the Commercial hotel met with a terrible death by fire. While playing in the hotel parlor at half past five o'clock in company with a younger brother the little girl set fire to a scrap of paper, the fire accidentally caught in her garments and in a moment more she was all a flame of fire. Landlord Hildebrand who was in the office at the time hearing the agonizing screams of his child rushed into the room and hardly realizing what to do, picked up the child, all aflame, in his arms and carried her into another room, was himself frightfully burned about the hands and arms.
A physician was immediately summoned and did everything possible to save the child but all his efforts were unavailing except to alleviate its agony. At eleven o'clock the child died. The funeral was held from the house Tuesday noon. Rev. Klenke conducted the ceremonies. O. A. Anderson, Am. M. Wilson, B. F. Muldown and G. J. Gruenberg officiated as pall bearers. The remains were taken to Mona cemetery for burial. Mr. and Mrs. Hildebrand have the kindest sympathy of all in their terrible affliction.
Card of Thanks.
We wish to express our heartfelt thanks to all those who so kindly aided and sympathized with us during our sad affliction in the loss of our beloved daughter and sister.
C. A. Hildebrand and family