Ingeborg Strand obituary

Article Type: 
Publication Date: 
Friday, January 15, 1932
Publication Date Is Approx: 
Referenced Places: 


Mother is gone!
Word passed quietly from neighbor to neighbor Friday morning when it was learned that Mrs. K. O. Strand who had been ill for some time, had quietly passed away. For days and weeks the sons and daughters, so near and dear, had cared for her and watched at her bedside, knowing that it was only a matter of a short time when she would no more speak to them, and they could no more minister to her needs. She too, knew that her time was drawing to a close, and made preparation for that long journey from whence she can never return. Even though death was hourly expected, the passing of Mother's spirit to the great beyond was a shock, and her death is deeply mourned by the sons and daughters, all of whom were with her. It is ever thus, death leaves a numbing pall on the bereaved although they have expected the grim reaper for days, and also know that any minute may be the last for those who are apparently in good health.

Ingeborg Strand was born at Spring Prairie, Wisconsin, April 27th 1854, where she lived until the year of 1869, when with her parents, they moved to Mona, Mitchell county Iowa where she grew to womanhood.

In 1872 she was united in marriage to Knud O. Strand. After their marriage they purchased a home near her parents where they lived and prospered, until the year 1910, when they retired from farming and moved to Lyle, Minnesota to reside.

To this union, eight children were born, two of whom were called home in infancy and leaves to mourn her passing: Adolph Strand, of Lyle, Mrs. Geo. Rust of Fargo, N. D., Mrs. Chas Culbertson of Carpenter, Iowa. Mrs. John Peterson, Wheatland, N. D., Mrs. Arthur Volstad Lyle and Oscar Strand of Austin, Minn; a brother and sister Andrew Fadness of Velva, N. D., and Mrs. O. H. Fadness of Rio, Wisconsin. Also fifteen grand children and twelve great grand children.

The deceased was a faithful member of the Lutheran church and confessed a living faith in her Savior and Redeemer, and with full confidence of meeting Him, she expressed her self ready to go whenever she was called.

The funeral was held Sunday afternoon at 1:30 at house and at the church at 2 o'clock, Rev. Langehough officiating.