Hardware Store Changes Ownership - Dahl's Hardware
HARDWARE STORE CHANGES OWNERSHIP
A change of ownership took place last week at the Dahl & Fedson hardware store, when L. F. Dahl, son of H. G. Dahl, purchased Mr. Fedson's interest, which he had held for 33 years. There will practically be no change in the business, as Mr. Fedson has been generally occupied with other business interests. Lloyd F. Dahl, has been connected with the hardware for many years, and during the time of his father's illness, took almost complete charge, and therefore is familiar with the details of the business. He is a clean-cut, enterprising young man of ability; a Lyle product, and devoted to business. He is treasurer of Independent School Dist No. 90, and a member of the Lyle band.
The store will be known as Dahl's Hardware. The firm will continue to handle light and heavy hardware, farm implements, etc., as they have in the past.
In normal years, the firm carries a large stock: "What you can't get elsewhere, the hardware has it."
The transfer included on the stock as the store building and warehouse belongs to H. G. Dahl, senior member of the firm. When asked, when he engaged in teh business, Mr. Dahl replied that it was in 1901, the year President McKinley was shot. He was first associated with Mr. J. Schumacher Sr., later with Colburn J. Colbertson. Andrew Nelson purchased Mr. Culbertson's interest, and in 1910 N. E. Fedson acquired Mr. Nelson's interest.
H. G. is a stayer, a go-getter, yes, a hard-ware man. Under his able management the Lyle hardware store has become known far and wide, as an established business.
The Tribune joins their many friends in wishing the firm a successful career.