Died Suddenly -- A Solemn Warning. - Sever Seaverson obituary

Article Type: 
Publication Date: 
Friday, September 16, 1921
Publication Date Is Approx: 
Referenced Places: 

Died Suddenly-
A Solemn Warning.

Little did this who said good-bye to Sever Seaverson Monday morning, August 29th, realize that it was the last opportunity to see him in life. On that day he departed for a few days' auto trip, in company with O. G. Thompson, to northeastern Minnesota. The week was spent in and around Duluth, with a trip into Wisconsin, and Saturday at the Minnesota State Fair. After spending the day on the grounds they retired about 11:00 o'clock. In the morning they arose at 7, and had breakfast, and about 8:20 started for home in the car. When near Farmington Mr. Seaverson complained of having pains in his stomach and stopped there for a drink of water. Later he said the pain was all gone and they proceeded on their journey homeward, but when near Castle Rock spoke of having pains in his chest and got out and tried to walk. After a few minutes he got into the car again and they drove to Castle Rock where they stopped and he was taken into a home and a doctor called from Northfield. In the meantime two nurses gave him immediate attention. Only a few minutes, however, elapsed after he entered the home before he passed away. The body was brought here Monday evening for burial.

The deceased was born at Voscarville, Norway, June 22nd, 1868 and came to this country when a young man and first located at Decorah, Iowa, later going to North Dakota. In 1895 he opened a tailor shop in Lyle which business he continued in until the time of his death. On March 20, 1898, he was united in marriage to Miss Henrietta Ties and to this union one child was born. September 8, 1900, Mrs. Seaverson passed away leaving him one son, Martin Foster Seaverson, now of Detroit, Mich., who with a sister in Norway are the only immediate surviving relatives. Mr. Seaverson was a member of the Lyle Volunteer Fire Department and carried insurance in the Northwestern and the Modern Woodmen.

For twenty-six years he has served our people in his profession in a most efficient manner, being an expert tailor. He was quiet, and a good hearted citizen and had many friends who feel his sudden demise keenly.

The funeral was held from the Lutheran Church Wednesday afternoon and interment was made in Pleasant Hill cemetery. Rev. A. Elmer Moe had charge of the services.

The business places were closed during the funeral hour in respect for the one who had so long been associated with the business life of this community.